Saturday, February 8, 2014

Loaded "Garbage" Sweet Potato

I love sweet potatoes. You can prepare them sweet or savory. Simple or intricate. Regardless, they are loaded with vitamins which is why I regularly keep them in stock at home. I buy one or two at a time and they are usually eaten by the end of the week though they do last longer if stored properly. They're a great accompaniment to a meal with just some salt or brown sugar.

One evening when I was hungry, low on groceries, and didn't feel like cooking I remembered the sweet potatoes as I was scouring the kitchen for something to satisfy the hunger pangs. This is what I came up with...



Cooked it in the microwave for 3-4 minutes until it was fork tender and topped it with my few fridge findings:
  • Salsa
  • Greek yogurt
  • Green onion
I sprinkled on some chipotle powder as well for more flavor and kick.


Sometimes I like to stuff them with creamed spinach and something crunchy like pretzels or almonds...

(shown with a spinach, salmon pinwheel from Target)

Sweet potatoes are so versatile, you can stuff them or serve them with just about any leftovers you can find in your fridge. 

xEnjoy

#healthywholebeautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment